KNŻ and Aġenzija Żgħażagħ together with the Parliamentary Secretary for Youth, Sports, and Voluntary Organisations are inviting young people to participate in a consultation on the National Youth Policy which will cover the period between 2021 – 2030. The document is advancing 6 Strategic Goals, each with its own proposed action plan.
Strategic Goal 1 - Listen and support the voices of young people
Support and promote the voices of young people and provide them with opportunities to express their views, concerns, and aspirations at local, national, and European levels through initiatives such as the EU Youth Dialogue.
Strategic Goal 2 - To further facilitate young people’s transition to adulthood.
Develop and strengthen projects and initiatives that :
- Support young people’s transition in compulsory schooling to access further learning and employment.
- Support a culture of lifelong learning to increase young people’s prospects of job mobility.
- Young people’s transition from family life to independent living.
- Support young people’s understanding of citizenship.
- For young people with special needs young people with disabilities, young migrants and refugees etc.
Strategic Goal 3 - Proactive youth and resposinve services
- Develop and expand the human and infrastructural capacity of community-based youth services in the Malta North, Central, South and Gozo.
- Strengthen and enhance community-based youth services in providing for:
- Physical youth work spaces.
- School-based services.
- Detached youth work services.
- Supports and services for the LGBTI community.
- Life skills programmes and initiatives at local community.
- Digitalized youth work practice and services
- Campaigns to raise. awareness on important issues and causes.
Strategic Goal 4 - Promoting youth's creativity, cultural and artist expression
- Promote and support the development of young people’s musical skills, participation in bands, ensembles, orchestras, programmes and events, and appreciation of all kinds of music.
- Provide aspiring young people with opportunities for creative growth.
- Support and encourage young people who display outstanding talents or abilities.
- Develop and implement projects and initiatives to enhance intercultural awareness and intergenerational dialogue.
- Provide young people with spaces and opportunities to facilitate innovation and innovative practices.
- Encourage initiatives that raise awareness and adopt practical approaches to addressing sustainable development, in particular, environmental issues and climate change.
Strategic Goal 5 - Promote and facilitate cross-sectoral initiatives with the voluntary, state, and private sectors.
- Expand and further develop supports for and cooperation with voluntary youth organisations.
- Develop and promote a Quality Youth Label to recognise effective supports and services for young people delivered by the voluntary and the private and corporate sectors.
- Engage and work with the private and corporate sectors in developing and implementing initiatives that facilitate further education and training, up-skilling, entrepreneurship and employment opportunities for young people.
- Empower young people in shaping their own lives, personal development and autonomy, and giving them the opportunity to give back to the society they live in.
Strategic Goal 6 - To further enhance and develop effective youth work.
- Implement a programme of reflective and supervised practice with a view to promoting and developing organisations of learning and enhancing professional youth work practice.
- Engage and work with the Youth Work Profession Board and the voluntary youth sector in facilitating professional and effective youth work practice nationally.
- The Youth Work Profession Board will register youth workers’ warrants on block chain.
- Develop and implement a data-based system for monitoring the nature, level and frequency of young people’s participation in services, programmes and initiatives.
- Map tools and good practices for better recognition of youth work and non-formal learning
- Develop and promote the Youth Village as an incubator of quality youth work through provision of youth work training to youth workers and youth leaders.