Expression of Interest for Youth Support Service with the National Youth Council
- By:Monique Agius
The National Youth Council, which is an independent organisation representing Maltese and Gozitan Youth organisations and unorganised youth, is inviting applications for the service of Youth Support Officer within the Council.
1. The duties and responsibilities of the Youth Support Officer will be as follows:
- Support the Council’s mission to provide a national forum for youths and youth organisations in Malta and Gozo to effectively develop, promote and advocate youth initiatives and policy making in the youth field;
- Liaise and cooperate with the relevant Ministries, entities, youth organisations, NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Provide management and administrative support in planning, organising and undertaking projects, initiatives and events;
- Attend and minute all Council meetings; Ensure that appropriate administrative processes and procedures are in place as regards Council records, correspondence, equipment, materials and finance;
- Liaise and cooperate with Aġenzija Żgħażagħ and help support the implementation of the National Youth Policy – Towards 2020 in Malta and Gozo;
- Carry out such appropriate and job-related duties as determined by the Council from time to time.
2. The candidate should have:
Good verbal and written communication skills – including IT skills – in both Maltese and English; Good people and management/administrative skills;
Experience in EU funded projects.
3. Effective leadership and motivational skills.
The candidate should, ideally, hold a diploma/degree in Youth and Community Studies. Holders of a qualification in Management, Human Resources, European Studies, Social or Public Policy and other qualifications might also be considered.
4. Candidates will ideally have experience within youth organisations.
5. The successful candidate will be offered a one-year contract agreement with the National Youth Council.
6. Working hours will be between 10 to 20 hours per week. The applicable rate of remuneration is €12.50 if the selected candidate has a degree or higher and €10.50 if the candidate has a lower qualification. The selected applicant will be required to work beyond office hours and during weekends depending on the needs of the Council. He/she might also be required to attend meetings on behalf of the Council and to travel abroad.
7. Copies of qualifications must be attached to the application along with a police conduct certificate.
8. Original certificates and testimonials are to be submitted for verification at the interview.
9. Eligible candidates will be interviewed by a selection board to assess their suitability for the post.