- By:Monique Agius
Interested in any of the following international opportunities?
Get in touch with us!
- This section gives both students and graduates the opportunity to apply for various traineeships offered by the European Union. By simply accessing the following link, one may find study visits, research programs, internships and much more, for different levels of education and fields of studies. Find out more about these offers through the link.
- "Schuman Traineeships in the European Parliament" - The goal of the Schuman traineeships is to contribute to EU citizens’ European education and vocational training and to provide an insight into the work of the European Parliament. By accessing this portal, youths will be given the opportunity to participate in traineeships across all Europe, all of which focus on different topics. Find out more about these offers through the link.
- "Power Youth' (Youth Exchange) - From 28 February to 12 March | Bacau, Romania - The objectives of the Youth Exchange are:
i. to understand key concepts in the field of democracy & European Citizenship;
ii. to get to know how the EU was formed & what it does for its citizens;
iii. to get to know how the EU works, what its institutions are and their roles & responsibilities;
iv. to develop EU awareness, to understand and to assume the role of a European citizen;
v. to understand the values of the EU & EU citizenship benefits;
vi. to understand the importance of the young people's active participation & how they can get involved in their own communities;
vii. to promote the young people's civic engagement;
viii. to understand the importance of participation in European Parliament 2019 elections and how European Parliament works;
ix. to develop critical thinking skills & their capacity to distinguish between real information and fake news;
x. to develop their capacity to plan, implement and evaluate online awareness & promoting campaigns, using social media in a responsible & efficient way;
xi. to develop their capacity to develop media & social media content (texts, photos & videos);
xii. to develop social skills, cultural awareness & expression competences & their initiative & self trust;
xiii. to develop & transversal competences for their personal, professional & social development
Deadline: 20 February 2019
- "Bogliasco Fellowships Programme" - Fellowships are awarded, without regard to nationality, to qualified persons doing advanced creative work or scholarly research in the following disciplines: archaeology, architecture, classics, dance, film or video, history, landscape architecture, literature, music, philosophy, theatre, visual arts - In the Arts, the study centre welcomes persons doing both creative and scholarly work (such as art history, musicology, film criticism and so on). With respect to music and theatre, the centre does not have rehearsal studio space for persons wishing to work extensively in performance. However, since 2013, the Bogliasco Foundation has a brand-new, state-of-the-art 365 sq ft dance studio, including a sprung floor with marley surface, mirrors, portable barres, and audio-video projection and recording capabilities - Each year approximately 50 fellowships are awarded. Their duration of the residency at the Liguria Study Center is 30 to 34 days depending on the geographic origin of the fellow, his/her discipline, and various scheduling requirements of the Foundation - Applications are reviewed twice a year - During their stay at the Centre, fellows and accompanying spouses/companions are provided with accommodation and subsistence. Deadlines: 15 January 2018 for the fall-winter semester and 15 April 2018 for the Spring semester.
Other Youth Opportunities
- My! Europe - Young MEPs for Democracy, aims to encourage young's people to be involved as a European active citizen.
Keeping the 2019 European Parliament elections in mind, the aim is to foster young people's participation in democracy through the real simulation of a working session of the European Parliament. The project will be held between 16th - 23rd of February
- "Class of 2020 Call for Applications" | America - New America’s Fellows Program invests in thinkers—journalists, scholars, filmmakers, and public policy analysts—who generate big, bold ideas that have an impact and spark new conversations about the most pressing issues of our day. Fellows advance ideas through research, reporting, analysis, and storytelling. We look for projects that are original and ambitious, with viable plans for their implementation. There is no set template for a successful fellowship project. Some projects focus on furthering a new public policy idea through either a domestic or international lens, while others illuminate longstanding dilemmas of American life from new angles. Our goal is to find bold, impactful thinkers and to fund them for a year; long enough to make progress on a book, develop a series of articles, produce a documentary, or work on another project that is accessible - Deadline: 1 February 2019
- “Teaching Geography in challenging times” EUROGEO 2019 - from 14 to 16 March 2019| Paris, France - Our society depends on constructing an understanding and managing rapidly changing environments. Growing population will cause increasing demands. Resource developments in remote environments are needed to meet them. Now, more than ever, we all need to be able to access and use geographical information to examine spatial interrelationships and potential conflicts.
Within this context some of the cross-cutting challenges EUROGEO 2019 will seek to examine include:
- What research responses can geography bring to dealing with complex challenges?
- How do new technologies and the increasing open access to data help us to address issues we face today and those of the future?
- What role does or should geography play in society?
- How should education respond to the ever-increasing importance of geographic information?
- What is geography‘s contribution to making citizens?
How does geographical education need respond to needs of society and the world around us?
EUROGEO 2019, Teaching Geography in challenging times will provide opportunities to discuss the role and potential of Geography to solve today and future issues as well as to respond to needs of society and the world. Deadline: 7 February 2019
- Blue book traineeship at the EEAS - The Blue Book Traineeship scheme offers a paid internship of 5 months with the European Commission or some executive bodies of the European Institutions like the European External Action Service, starting on either 1st March or 1st October.
SALTO Youth Opportunities
- 'MINDSET OF YOUTH WORKERS in supporting learning through youth mobilities' (Training Course) - From 2 to 8 May 2019 | De Glind, Netherlands - This five-day training course provides a learning environment for youth workers to reflect on their mindset with a specific focus on being a learner and supporting learning of young people in youth work and especially in youth mobilities. Deadline: 5 March 2019
- 'YOUTH2019 - Finnish National Youth Work Days' (Conference – Symposium - Forum) - From 26 to 29 March 2019 | Turku, Finland - YOUTH2019 is two-day programmed conference which consists of a variety of current topics in youth work. The strand in English talks about Finnish and European Youth Work topics.
- 'Take A Step Out' (Training Course) - From 12 to 17 April 2019 | Czech Republic - Do you want to make a positive change in your community? Do you want to develop your skills on social inclusion? Do you work with young people and want to see a change in them, too? Then this training course is for you! Deadline: 17 February 2019
- 'The winner is: ESC - German speaking training for project managers and mentors in European Volunteering Projects' (Training Course) - From 9 to 12 April 2019 | CJD Bonn, Germany - Training for project managers and mentors in European Volunteering Project who would like to exchange experiences, get some information about the general and specific conditions and want to learn more about working with volunteers. Deadline: 15 February 2019
- 'Update to transnational II' (Training Course) - From 1 to 8 March 2019 | Padul (Granada), Spain - “Update to transnational” is a training course aiming at empowering young people to explore possibilities of setting up an international partnership and prepare a concept of transnational youth initiatives project. Deadline: 1 February 2019
- 'EUR0PEAN ACADEMY ON YOUTH WORK: Innovation, Current Trends and Developments in Youth Work' (Conference – Symposium - Forum) - From 21 to 24 May 2019 | Kranjska Gora, Slovenia - The EAYW aims to support innovation in youth work and youth work policy and to promote the development of quality youth work. It is a place for exchange on creative, transformative and innovative youth work practices, tools and instruments. Deadline: 17 February 2019
- 'MENTORING TRAINING COURSE' (Training Course) - From 7 to 12 March 2019 | Hradec Králové, Czech Republic - Mentoring is a training about sharing best practices of EVS volunteers mentoring and empowerment of mentors themselves. Deadline: 1 February 2019
- 'Fear(less) II' (Training Course) - From 7 to13 July 2019 | Kegums, Latvia - What do you do when confronted by fear? Do you expose yourself to it or do you avoid it? As a youth worker, do you ever notice how you project your own fears to the young people you are working with, thus taking the learning away from them? Deadline: 15 March 2019
- "DIG-IT up!" (E-learning) - From 13 to 18 May 2019 | Cyprus - The aim of the training course is to provide digital knowledge and skills and find creative ways on combining analog and open-air activities in youth work with digital tools and apps that are used by youngsters, through a hands-on approach and experience. Deadline: 13 February 2019
- "Training for Trainers: Faker Fighters" (Training Course) - From 20 February to 3 March 2019 | Novi Sad, Serbia - This activity is aimed at developing a pool of trainers and facilitators in the field of media literacy and critical thinking education, as a resource for the implementation of educational activities for young people in non-formal context. Deadline: 23 January 2019
- "Conference: Recognise it! Inspiration to Advance" (Conference – Symposium - Forum) - From 14 to 17 April 2019 | Naples, Italy - The Conference is the last step of the process that the organisers started in 2016 with regard to the recognition of youth work. The idea is to present the achievements of the process at national and international level with this final Conference. Deadline: 3 February 2019
- "Linguistic Workout! English communication competences for transnational youth projects" (Training Course) - From 18 to 24 March 2019 | Mollina (Málaga), Spain - This TC aims to improve communication competences in English with a functional methodology focusing on international youth work within Erasmus+. It targets participants seeking to build partnerships and develop international youth projects. Deadline: 11 February 2019
- 'Mobility Taster for Inclusion Organisations - Ukraine 2019' (Training Course) - From 10 to 14 April 2019 | Ukraine - Did you know you can organise international youth projects for your young people from disadvantaged backgrounds? Come and discover what Erasmus+ Youth and the European Solidarity Corps can do for you and the young people you work with. Deadline: 13 February 2019
- 'FuturE+' (Seminar) - From 12 to 15 March 2019 | Bucharest, Romania - International event aiming to analyze the current Erasmus+' response to organizational needs and to collect input on the format of the future program in connection with the European Youth Strategy. Deadline: 27 January 2019
- 'FuturESC' (Seminar) - From 12 to 15 March 2019 | Bucharest, Romania - International event aiming to analyze the current European Solidarity Corps' response to organizational needs and to collect input on the format of the future program in connection with the European Youth Strategy. Deadline: 27 January 2019
- 'Training Course "Inclusion & Diversity Taster"' (Training Course) - From 27 to 31 May 2019 | Bucharest, Romania - Training course for “mainstream” youth work organisations, motivated to start working on inclusion & diversity issues and/or include more diverse groups in their international projects Deadline: 3 February 2019
- 'URBAN ART & CO.: The power of education through urban art' (Seminar) - From 13 to 18 May 2019 | Esch/sur/Alzette, Luxembourg - This is a seminar for artists, educators and cultural organizers involved with youth work and social issues. Discover how art can animate public spaces, design ways to use urban art in youth work, and look for strategic partnerships within EU programs Deadline: 1 March 2019
- 'Project Management (PMP) for Youth Organizations' (Training Course) - From 14 to 21 April 2019 | Moscow , Russian Federation - The course is designed for youth workers who would like to improve their project management skills. After the course you will understand better how to design the projects and implement them on the highest level. Deadline: 28 February 2019
- "C.O.A.C.H. Training Course" (Training Course) - From 3 - 9 June 2019 | Bulgaria - Coaching is the process of helping another person to perform at the peak of his or her abilities. Coaching emphasizes generative change, concentrating on defining and achieving specific goals. R. Dilts Deadline: 9 April 2019
- "YOCOMO 2 – The Trigger for attitudes and behaviours - Second pilot course on working on and with the ETS competence model for youth workers to work internationally" (Training Course ) - From 6 to 12 May 2019 | Bornheim-Walberberg, Germany - In professional development one of the challenging parts to approach is our attitudes: not so tangible and easy to measure, yet crucial in our work with young people. They manifest in our behaviours, which influence our work, relations and social context. Deadline: 17 February 2019
- 'SMS 4 “Show My Skills” '(Training Course) - from 22 to 28 March 2019 | Siwa Oasis, Egypt - Training course in the sunny Egyptian Oasis on leadership and event-management skills communicate through non-formal learning, intercultural and experiential learning and designed for highly motivated young people active in youth organizations. Deadline: 12 February 2019